posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Squilax


Just a few miles after leaving my campsite I had the first and hopefully last flat tyre of the trip. I pulled away from the highway onto a bridge and started fixing it. The good thing is that in the time it took to repair it I had three different people asking whether I was ok or I needed some help! This delayed me a little and in Salmon Arms I thought I would visit the local bike shop to get my chain cleaned and tyres pumped harder. I also ended up eating a way too large pizza at Boston Pizzas and rather felt heavy for the rest of  the way! The route was also not easy with repeated hills to climb and descend. The Shuswap hostel is definitely the weirdest place I have ever stayed in! A very quirky place where the dorms are 4 old Canadian Pacific carriages! Every common room is interesting and full of character and a total mess!  There are even lamas in the garden! After complaining about Canadian Pacific waking me up at night I will have to thank her for giving me a bed to sleep for the night.