posted on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Here it comes!


New iPad has finally been added to my gadget collection and I am already enjoying the creative side of this wonderful tool. Bad weather in Rovereto yesterday meant that I spent a few hours learning to paint with a great app called Art Rage and the results and enjoyment are pretty close to the real thing minus chemical smell, dirty clothes and poisonous colours! Of course no replacement for the real thing but a great tool to jot down ideas, or quickly sketch an image on the go.
Being a simulation of oil paint on canvas it gets really close when it comes to the behaviour of colours and brush strokes and on the crisp clear screen of the new tablet you quickly forget you are just viewing a digital work.
The advent of tablets as put an end to getting bored as far as I am concerned... Wonder if I will ever miss that feeling!