posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to Dharamsala


This indian holiday drawing to a close after completing a circle of over 1500 kilometres through Ladakh and Kashmir. What a better way than to be able to be in Dharamsala and listen to the Dalai Lama giving a series of talks on buddhism. Last night bus journey from Jammu to Dharamsala was one I will not forget easily as our bus had a frontal crash with another bus and as I was seated right in the front in the driver cabin I could see the all scene playing in front of my eyes as if in slow motion. Our bus fortunately was almost still when a bus coming downhill swerved to our lane trying to avoid bumping another bus in front. Somehow I never felt afraid and before the impact I just braced and covered my head before the impact and finding myself covered with a mountain of smashed glasses from the windscreen! I got away with a few small cuts and a pair of messed up trousers and shoes, nothing to complain to much about!