posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004

Cagnes sur Mer


Final riding day I decided once more to cycle the 'Corniche d'Or' the road along the coast. I am sure in full season due to traffic one cannot really enjoy it but now it is surprisingly quiet. I got to St Raphael from where the nicest part starts. Cycling towards Nice means this time the lane is on the sea side with great views all the time. Not only the mediterranean to admire but also soon after St Raphael the red rocky peaks and pine forest of the Massif de l'Esterel begins. St Juan les Pins and the peninsula of Cap d'Antibes were the last treat before civilisation took the upper hand at Villeneuve Loubet. I decided to stay in Cagnes sure Mer due to its closeness to Nice airport and as the locations of my last visit 'Les Collettes' the house turned museum where Renoir spent his winters for the last 20 years of his life.